Bunny sad and sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My just lays there and with his eyes partly closed and it looks like he has bags I try to play with him and make him happy give him the food he loves but still nothing idk what to do..😔

An unresponsive bunny is a sick bunny. Get him to to the vet asap and keep engaging him as much as you can. Good luck.

Get your bunny to a vet ASAP, if he's not being responsive. Is he eating, drinking, pooping? Any environmental changes?

:pray:

If he's eating, drinking, and pooping it's probably not an emergency, but if his behaviour has changed significantly I'd still want to get him to a vet when possible.

Can I just ask on this forum, that we are in the same situation. Our 7 month old french lop was always so happy. We went on holiday and he stayed with friends of ours who I know mirrored everything we do with him. Since we brought him home he has been really sleepy, just lies about and wants in his playhouse rather than the house and just he looks sad and I haven’t had a single binky since he came home. He is eating, drinking and popping. My daughter is so down thinking it’s us? Could he be unwell?

Can I just ask on this forum, that we are in the same situation. Our 7 month old french lop was always so happy. We went on holiday and he stayed with friends of ours who I know mirrored everything we do with him. Since we brought him home he has been really sleepy, just lies about and wants in his playhouse rather than the house and just he looks sad and I haven’t had a single binky since he came home. He is eating, drinking and popping. My daughter is so down thinking it’s us? Could he be unwell?
I don't think so he was probably just depressed while you were gone but if he seems like REALLY odd I would call the vet and if they tell you to come in go in just to be on the safe side because it could be something totally different. I mean I am not saying it is but it could be cancer or something that he still eats and drinks and poops but just doesn't have energy but I don't wanna worry you because I doubt it is. It is definitely not you though I can assure you that. Or I highly highly doubt it is you but if you are really worried then call the vet

If he's eating and pooping fine, I would suspect he's holding a grudge. Rabbits are notorious for being grudge-holders. I'd say he's showing you he didn't appreciate having his kingdom upset. ;)

Just give him some time and be sure his 'input' and 'output' remains normal.

Latest posts

Back