Bunny proofing Christmas trees - how do *you* do it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Christmas season upon us, I was curious to see how those of you with free range bunnies handle the Christmas tree.

We have had ours blocked off with barricades or raised off the floor in the past. The trick is keeping those cords out of reach and the branches off limits. Some of our solutions haven't been too aesthetic!:sigh:

We're in a new place this year, so we are still figuring things out.

So let's see some photos of how you bunny-proof your Christmas trees.:pinkbouce:

Hahaha!!! So funny! This will be our first Christmas with a free range bunny. It should be interesting. Probably we'll have to put the presents up high.

This is how I "rabbit proofed" my Christmas tree. I already live in a tiny apartment with my boyfriend, my daughter plus our two buns. We wasn't going to get a tree because we didn't think we had the room or that we could keep our rabbits safe from the tree. It's on top on our side table for two reasons. First it's a live tree. Any needles that do happen to fall go onto the table. I'm deathly afraid of anything that could potentially upset their stomachs since my horrible experience with my little Belle getting into some spilled coconut oil. I thought she was going to die it was so bad. And two so they don't destroy it. Normally that's the one table they are allowed to get onto (because keeping them off is IMPOSSIBLE!) but I've gotten lucky and they haven't paid any attention to it. Minus they lights. They stare at them sometimes when the lights are on.

20141212_032715.jpg

Here's our tree. As you can see we put up a little fence around it. Twigs is wonderful because he will not hop over this fence which he could since it's only like a foot tall lol. Sorry its sideways

PC120955.jpg

Here's what we ended up doing this year...

It actually plugs in on top of the shelf unit behind the tree. The lower part of the tree is just high enough to be too much of a reach to do any cord chewing. (Though the lower ornaments get nose-bumped.

100_9928.jpg

Latest posts

Back