bunny problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kassiecqyy

Reaction score
i gave my bunny a banana and i think i gave him too much, he’s been having diarrhea and he’s getting very skinny, what can i do??

See a vet as soon as possible.

There's not much information, when did you give banana and how much, for how long is this going on already, what is his daily diet (what and amounts), does he eat and drink at all, etc.
How old is he, for how long do you have him, did you change anything in his diet recently (apart from the banana)

Right now I would encourage him to eat hay, and see a vet. If it's going on for so long to get skinny it's high time, house remedys quite likely wont cut it.

i gave my bunny a banana and i think i gave him too much, he’s been having diarrhea and he’s getting very skinny, what can i do??
What food is he getting apart of bananas, just one banana slice shouldn't cause such disaster, if he gets skinny it maybe because his diet was generally wrong before that. Hay should be his main food 80% of his diet, then depending on his age he can have a little bit of pellets and some greens, but if he's older than 4 months generally. what age and how long you have him and what you feed him

Diarrhea is a true emergency! Rabbit vet immediately. Don't feed fruit, it is not good for bunnies. A sliver of banana won't kill them but generally best to avoid fruit altogether. Far too much sugar.

In addition to the questions already asked about normal diet, etc., are you sure it is actual diarrhea or is it mushy poos? There is a world of difference.

Diarrhea is watery and runny and unformed. It is a real emergency and requires a vet immediately. Mushy poos (may be like toothpaste consistency) are commonly an indicator of something wrong with the diet. That can be sorted with adjustments to the diet.

Here are some photo of different poos and what each type means health-wise:
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/drop/Drp_en.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back