Bunny poops smaller than usual

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaimeh761

Reaction score
I noticed tonight that my mini rex poops are much smaller than usual. I just started taking him and our new adopted bunny for walks in their stroller as a means of a little stress bonding since the bonding has been a bit rocky. I read that stress can cause smaller poops.

Thinking i should just give them a break tomorrow and let them have some time apart for individual exercise and play time. Don't want to deter from any progress made in the bonding situation however slight. But also concerned for my little guys health and well being.

I gave him extra pellets tonight with his dinner greens, and i do have critical care just in case. Anyone have experience with this?

If the bonding is stressing him enough to cause reduced appetite and smaller poops, then yes I would take a break until his appetite and poop is pretty much back to normal. Pushing forward with the bonding isn't worth risking him going into GI stasis. Lots of good quality grass hay is usually the best thing for improving gut motility, provided he eats it well.

I gave him extra pellets tonight with his dinner greens,

If his poos are off from the stress, giving extra pellets isn't advised. They are rich and can cause problems if overfed. Grass hay is what you want them to eat more of -- especially whenever there is any change in poos. So, as Jenny stated:
Lots of good quality grass hay is usually the best thing for improving gut motility, provided he eats it well.

Latest posts

Back