Bunny pooping and peeing in bed in the middle of the night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reese'sMom

Reaction score
So just recently my 1 year old French Lop has started to pee and poop in my bed in the middle of the night. And I have been quite confused on why.

My dad just passed away a yesterday and I before that he was in the hospital. As a result of this I have been sad and in bed alot. Reese has also been by me alot. Like always sleeping with me and licking me. (This is normal but has increased since my dad passing)
It's 2am and I woke up to pee in my bed and poop on my pillows. So she is peeing right next to me. (Ew!!) I started cleaning it and bunny kept jumping on my bed no matter how much I redirected her to the floor. Now she is laying down next to me.

Overall I think she is peeing because I have been sad. But it's extra stressful and I haven't been sleeping well because of it.

Please help! Thank you!PXL_20220428_080054706.MP.jpg
Reese lying by me

I'm very sorry for your loss.

The changes in your life could result in changes of behavior with your rabbit. Other possibilities are if she's not spayed and becoming more hormonal and so marking territory, anything else changing in her life or environment can cause changes of behavior, she decided it was easier to just do her business up there instead of looking for the litter box, or she decided she likes peeing on soft things(which many rabbits will do).

Some things to try are putting a litter box close to your bed to make it easier for her to get to if she needs it, keep a blanket or towel up on your bed with her scent already on it, return any recent changes back to the way they were, get hers and your routine back to as normal as possible, wait a few weeks to see if she settles back down, or if nothing works then blocking her access to the bed.

https://bunnyproof.com/stop-bunny-peeing-bed.html

Latest posts

Back