bunny pees on anything (comfortable) he sleeps on

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_

Reaction score
I got brownie a pet bed so he can have somewhere to sleep and less than 2 hours later, he pees on where he was sleeping. when he was sleeping on his hay bale he did the same thing and ruined his hay I tried to stop him from sleeping on it.

Last edited:
Has he been fixed? If not then he is likely marking his territory. Clean all the things that can be cleaned (bedding, carpet, blanket, etc.) with a mix of vinegar and baking soda to get rid of his sent. When you catch him peeing, place him into his little box quickly. If he has been fixed, then maybe (idk) something has stressed him out or scared him.

Has he been fixed? If not then he is likely marking his territory. Clean all the things that can be cleaned (bedding, carpet, blanket, etc.) with a mix of vinegar and baking soda to get rid of his sent. When you catch him peeing, place him into his little box quickly. If he has been fixed, then maybe (idk) something has stressed him out or scared him.
he was fixed at around 6 months of age. we did just move 2 months ago and he has dealt with a lot of noisy children running around

he was fixed at around 6 months of age. we did just move 2 months ago and he has dealt with a lot of noisy children running around
Maybe that’s it? I’ve read somewhere that rabbits have different ways of expressing stress. Maybe your bun peeing whenever he gets comfortable is a way of making himself “king of the castle” in your home by peeing on stuff to mark his territory.

I'll try to give him his own hiding spots in my room as of now he only has a cardboard box

What does his pee look like? Is it normal or sludgy? I'm guessing it is probably stress, but urine dribbling is sometimes a sign of UTI.

Some bunnies just can't resist peeing on soft things. My rabbits would never stop doing it. So it's either don't give them anything soft or plan on washing it frequently. I'm a sucker, so I did let them have a pet bed and I just wash it every few days.

Latest posts

Back