Bunny peeing outside litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy's Mom

Reaction score
A few months ago my mother-in-law moved in with us. My bunny Daisy, 4 yr old Holland Lop, seems to have fallen in love with her. In the evenings Daisy comes and sits on the couch with us. Well, she has peed twice on my mother-in-law while sitting in her lap. So, is it possible she is marking her territory? Or should I be concerned? Daisy is spayed.

It could be she's just getting too relaxed while snuggling, and not able to get back to the litter box in time when she realizes she needs to pee. I've used towels or puppy pads, or placing a litter box on the couch or nearby can sometimes work.

If it seems deliberate, sometimes if you can catch your bun as she raises her tail to pee, just hurrying and shooing her to her litter box will work.

It could be she's just getting too relaxed while snuggling, and not able to get back to the litter box in time when she realizes she needs to pee. I've used towels or puppy pads, or placing a litter box on the couch or nearby can sometimes work.

If it seems deliberate, sometimes if you can catch your bun as she raises her tail to pee, just hurrying and shooing her to her litter box will work.
That thought crossed our minds. It's only happened twice. Tonight my mother-in-law put a pee pad on her lap, see photo. Daisy does get super relaxed when she is in her lap, all stretched out and totally chill. I like the idea of putting a litter box closer. Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back