Bunny peeing on couch... help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabrielajoely

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 4 month old lop and she’s litter trained. But recently she started peeing on the same couch almost every day, other than that she always goes to her litter box. Oh and every morning wake up to a little pile of poops were she decides to sleep that night, I’m guessing those are the cecotropes that she eats but is the any way to get her to not do those miscellaneous piles? I’ll attach a pic of her, her name is Keiki.

Attachments

• 6B25C8DD-2576-49F8-AFAD-A41170D420E5.jpeg
    6B25C8DD-2576-49F8-AFAD-A41170D420E5.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 6
Wait until hormonal and the litter training will often be all gone. Spaying will help later on.

You will need to section off the couch and make sure she’s not allowed up on the couch. Otherwise she will have the habit that the couch is a litter box.

Going through the same thing! Poor couch. I got a real large fabric puppy pad I put on there just in case, and when No one is on couch we lay a very large trash bag across the seat... She doesn't like that. Although there's nothing more attractive than garbage bag decor 😒.Good luck and let me know if you find any more good tips! Spay is scheduled Dec 7th, hoping that helps.

Wait until hormonal and the litter training will often be all gone. Spaying will help later on.

You will need to section off the couch and make sure she’s not allowed up on the couch. Otherwise she will have the habit that the couch is a litter box.
Thank you, yes that’s what I thought that she’s starting to get hormonal but my vet said to wait till she’s 6 months to get her spayed, so that’s two more months of this.

Going through the same thing! Poor couch. I got a real large fabric puppy pad I put on there just in case, and when No one is on couch we lay a very large trash bag across the seat... She doesn't like that. Although there's nothing more attractive than garbage bag decor 😒.Good luck and let me know if you find any more good tips! Spay is scheduled Dec 7th, hoping that helps.
Yes poor couch indeed! The zipper broke off from me having to wash it almost every day. She had also started to bite the baseboards so I sprayed them with bitter apple and seems to be working. Please let me know how her spay went and if it helped any!

Had that problem with my girl,she was peeing on my bed. I used to watch her closely when she was on top of my bed and as soon as i saw that she is getting in a peeing position(lifting tail) i would pick her up and put her in her litter tray. And when i make my bed i put waterproof bed sheets on 😁 now what helped me with peeing was only spay, after surgery she peed on bed only 1 time, now i can fully trust her not to make a mess 😁 my boy still has accidents from time to time 🙄

Our boy started doing the same at 4 mos, he’s 5 mos today actually. It’s certainly not an “accident” it is territorial as he uses his litter otherwise! We have his neutering scheduled for 12/9 hopeful this will help. My couch was already in bad shape from my 2 boys but daily cleaning has taken its toll!

Bunnie moms everywhere raise hands and ask assistance from the great Hormonal Bunnie King to bless their mischevious little beasts and grant them the long awaited spay/neuter and the gift of post pubescent litter habits. Long live our couches, beds, carpets and the shameful overuse of papertowels! HUZZAH!

Mine started doing the same thing a week or so ago. We are on the waiting list for spay but the next appointment is April! Praying someone cancels and we get the call to come in early.
Any suggestions on a good safe odor neutralize?
Poor Oreo has been banished from all bedrooms and couches. She loves her couch zoomies but not for now!

Mine started doing the same thing a week or so ago. We are on the waiting list for spay but the next appointment is April! Praying someone cancels and we get the call to come in early.
Any suggestions on a good safe odor neutralize?
Poor Oreo has been banished from all bedrooms and couches. She loves her couch zoomies but not for now!
5% white distilled food grade vinegar is your best friend, use it with a spray nozzle just spray and wipe.

Hello! I have a 4 month old lop and she’s litter trained. But recently she started peeing on the same couch almost every day, other than that she always goes to her litter box. Oh and every morning wake up to a little pile of poops were she decides to sleep that night, I’m guessing those are the cecotropes that she eats but is the any way to get her to not do those miscellaneous piles? I’ll attach a pic of her, her name is Keiki.
Hi, it's just her time she becomes hormonal and starts marking her territory. That is why I don't recommend free roaming when you get a baby rabbit, it is best to limit them until they are neutered (and a couple months after so they fully calm down) and then you can start expanding their territory and train to free roam. When you want to free roam from day one you will most likely to have to limit her territory during that marking period which most rabbits understand as a punishment and some of them would can react aggressively, so best do it gradually extending their territory after neutering rather than limiting their territory when they are already hormonal.

Hi, it's just her time she becomes hormonal and starts marking her territory. That is why I don't recommend free roaming when you get a baby rabbit, it is best to limit them until they are neutered (and a couple months after so they fully calm down) and then you can start expanding their territory and train to free roam. When you want to free roam from day one you will most likely to have to limit her territory during that marking period which most rabbits understand as a punishment and some of them would can react aggressively, so best do it gradually extending their territory after neutering rather than limiting their territory when they are already hormonal.
Yes that makes a lot of sense, I wish I had known that before. If I ever get another bunny I’ll do it that way for sure. I’ll try to limit her from getting on the couch the best I can. Thank you!

My 5mos old just took the couch peeing to another level last night! He jumped up, rested his chin on my thigh, I pet him for a few seconds & he quickly turned around put his butt up against me and peed ON ME! I suppose I’m “his” now as well!

Latest posts

Back