Bunny Peeing Issues? Possible Incontinence?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyv

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a feeling that our bunny, Beans, is having some kind of internal issue. He normally does very well using his litter pan. About two days ago, I noticed a couple areas outside of his litter pan where he had urinated. Then yesterday, it seems that he's peeing everywhere in his cage/pen area but his litter pan. His fecal pellets have gotten smaller in the past two days as well. He seems to only want to eat the softer blades of hay, too.
Could this be a bladder issue? Something going on with his teeth? I plan on taking him to our vet tomorrow, if we can get him in.
I just wanted to see if anyone had an idea what might be going on.

Thanks!

BobbyV

That's a lot of issues unfortunately :( Peeing outside of his normal area could just be developing hormones if he's still pretty young, but that combined with the smaller poops adds up to a bigger issue definitely. Only eating softer pieces of hay points to a probable teeth problem. Whether or not that is what's going on he should visit the vet as soon as you can possibly take him. Restricted eating and potty issues can quickly turn deadly. Keep close watch on him and try to get him to eat as much as possible. Gentle tummy rubs can also help his digestion along if he's having trouble.

It could be a UTI or possibly a bladder sludge problem, and the pain and discomfort is resulting in reduced appetite. It may be necessary to get him into a vet today, especially with the appetite being affected. Definitely get him in today if you notice worsening symptoms or he stops eating or isn't eating very much.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/urinary.html

Latest posts

Back