Bunny Not Moving Much? Is this something I did?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseTheLionhead

Reaction score
Hi there,

So this past Thursday I had to clean up my bunny's area because there was poop everywhere (shes learning how to use her little box). She was very chill out about it (a thump or two but besides that she just watched), but ever since then she hasn't really left the corner of the cage (unless for food, water and potty). It has been a week since I have got her, So I'm trying to bond with her/win her trust. It was going kinda well before I cleaned, now shes avoids me at all costs. Does she hate me for cleaning her cage/area? Is this because she is "protecting her territory" because she isn't spayed? Will she hate me forever or is this temporary? What should I do?

She’s still new to you and bonding with a bunny take time. Unspayed girl can be quite territorial, they can be more than boys. So spaying her can help her calm down.

She won’t hate you forever, just let her eat food from your hands and she will bond with you faster. When my own bunny Odin was a kit, he would always hide when he saw me near his cage the first month. But I always took him out and let him roam on a controlled area while myself would study or read books and let him jump all over me ☺️

I also made sure all his food he got was from my hands or up on my chest. Depends on if he was going to roam around or me laying lazily, to let him explore me. Because we humans can be bit scary.

I have not had such situations so i cannot really give great advice but i can reassure you that she won't be mad at you forever. Maybe she's already forgiven, maybe she'll be pouting after a week. Sooner or later she will let it pass.
Is she seemingky okay otherwise-alert, curious, normal eats and drops? Is her belly nice and soft? If so then she's all fine!

Latest posts

Back