Bunny not eatting! PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseTheLionhead

Reaction score
So I usually get home from work and feed my bunny (I feed her kale, romaine, parsley, pellets and a very all amount of dried pineapple and papaya). As soon as I put the food down she starts to eat, but today she isn't even look or sniff it. It's been over an hour and nothing. I even tried to hand feed her but nothing. I checked her teeth and her bottom but everything looks good. She is still running around. What do I do? Is she okay?

Best advice is straight to a rabbit savvy vet, Nugget suffered ALOT with gut stasis and his little tummy would feel hard and swollen. It got to the point of worry that the second i had any worry that he may have it any time after he was straight to the vets for oral meds. I have kept it under control for about a year now by using “dual care” nuggets. Its got a biotic in that helps the gut and is easily soluble for syringe feeding. But he has a tea spoon for breakfast and dinner and no troubles since. Fingers crossed everything is ok, have u checked her bum to see if she has a blockage? Check her tummy for any signs of swelling or firmness, check how she sits as normally they will keep their tummy off the ground and sit almost in a bum in the air position. Good luck, been there and its scary but a few meds for a day or so and everything will be ok. Keep us updated please.

Latest posts

Back