Bunny not acting like normal.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Usually my bunny Noodle is very feisty and exitable, but today the weather got colder and she seemes to be struggling a bit with breathing.
She also didn't move or respond when I put some food down, and she is usually really exited and hopping around the cage. I really don't want her to get ill. 😢

Take her to the vet. Ring them now. Rabbits aren't bothered by a slightly colder weather, especially in June. It has nothing to do with not moving around, struggling to breathe and not eating well. Those three things could be signs that something is seriously wrong and that your rabbit is ill already. They could indicate a lot of different issues, most of them are easy to treat if you do it soon and with the proper diagnostic but a lot of them can also become life-threatening if you do nothing. Rabbits can live long healthy lives but when they fall ill it has a tendency to get worse very fast. A rabbit not eating or not pooping can die in 3 days even if he looked perfectly healthy a few days before.

1+! Get Noodle to the vet right away. Right away!

Be sure it is not a regular vet, but an exotics vet who knows rabbits. Regular vets specialize in dogs and cats and will treat the rabbit as such. This can be deadly.

Good luck. Let us know how Noodle is doing!

Usually my bunny Noodle is very feisty and exitable, but today the weather got colder and she seemes to be struggling a bit with breathing.
She also didn't move or respond when I put some food down, and she is usually really exited and hopping around the cage. I really don't want her to get ill. ��
Thanks for all of the advice, we did take her to the vet and she did have an infection in her mouth that had come from something she had eaten and had spread to her nose, but she has been treated now and is getting better slowly. :) Her movement problem was a thorn in her foot, she has an entire garden to hop around so she had probably got it stuck in there when she was feeding. we have removed the hawthorn and all the ivy now so hopefully that should prevent her from getting any other nasty infections. The coughing is stopping now but she is still weak from all of it.

Last edited:
It's good that you could find what the problem was. I hope she'll recover quickly !

Thanks, this problem returned last night and we didn't notice much difference until the morning. She died last night though. :cry1:

Latest posts

Back