Bunny nose bleed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckysmom

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Tonight I was putting my bun into his night time home and had the lid open as I was scooping him some more hay. Basically, I bumped into the cage and the lid came down and bonked my poor bun on the nose as he was reaching up toward me. I looked down at him and saw there was a little blood coming from his nose.
He won’t let me near his nose/mouth or check his teeth to make sure they’re ok. Other than the bleeding, he seemed shook and upset for few minutes (probably didn’t help that I was standing over him sobbing) then immediately went to eating his hay and fresh kale I gave him so I’m hoping that’s a sign that his teeth are fine. He also ate the little hard timothy biscuit he had left in there last night, so I’m hoping that’s a good sign too. We put him in a play pen with us to keep a close eye on him and he’s back to his normal self binkying, stretching out and eating hay.
is there anything else I should try to do for him? Our vet is out for the weekend and the e-vet here won’t see bunnies. The only one that does is 4 hours away. Do you think he’ll be ok? I’m worried sick about him even though he seems ok, minus the nose bleed.

Latest posts

Back