Bunny nips at feet, but not anywhere else

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerlinLop

Reaction score
Hi! This isn't much of a question coming from concern, simply more out of curiosity since it doesn't really bother me much and doesn't seem to affect my bunny in any negative way.

I have a 4 and a half year old male Holland lop who we've had since he was about 4 months old and has always been very calm but also playful when he wants.

Recently however, I've started noticing he likes to bite, scratch and/or attack our feet if they are even remotely in his way. The thing is, he is super sweet and will never bite or scratch any other part of our bodies at all. I was wondering if anyone would have any idea why he may be doing this, I think he might just not realize the feet are attached to us or something haha, but any theories are accepted, thanks so much!

Maybe if he got partially stepped on or hit with a foot, he could be associating feet with that exerience. Or if it's happening when you have shoes on, maybe it's because they smell differently than the rest of you. Loss of eyesight can also sometimes cause a rabbit to not recognize things they would normally be used to, until it is up close and they can smell it.

Latest posts

Back