Bunny nibbled sago palm, must be at least 10 hours ago?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneypie

Reaction score
So I had to move my sago palm to the window where I have a bunch of plants, thinking a. that palms aren't toxic and b. that my buns can't get up there because none of the plants get eaten.
I just noticed today (it's 6pm here) that a few leaves are missing the ends so can only assume it was a bunny.
I googled it just to make sure and found out sago palms aren't actually palms and are counted as toxic. I feel like such an idiot.
It's been at least 10 hours since I got up and I spend all day in the room, their behaviour/appetite has been completely normal. The amount eaten must be maybe half a teaspoon as the plant had only just grown some leaves and is still very much a baby.
I don't know what to do as I don't know if I've already passed the window where something would've happened if it was going to?

Update: I've spoken with my vet and they think that if there's any damage, it would've already been done by now and I should take it as a good sign that there are no symptoms and all I can do is keep an eye out apparently.

Latest posts

Back