Bunny names, and sharing them

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
Iwas thinking last night about a pair of buns we adopted out called Mouse and Russell but I just kept calling them Mouse and Chalk, and it got me thinking about my bunnies and other bunnies on here who share their names.

I think Paul has a Sky, and I know that Polly had a Skye at one point.

Lover of Lops has a Summer.

Paul had a Roger too, before.

I have seen a few Hope's around.

Never come across a Dusk though. Nor a Tilly, and definitely not any Dopeys (although at one point ellissian called her Hope DopeyDoo).

I think maybe Leaf has a Cloud? And I know that there was someone who had a Moon.

The member Flash obviously has her own Flash (I just wish mine was as long lived as hers).

Never met another Candyfloss on here though.

There are a few Sunny's or Sunshine's around and I've seen a Sweep or two somewhere. I can't recall seeing a Dawn though, but there was definitely someone who had a Star.

I can't recall seeing a Badger, Lightning or a Sandy though, to be honest, but I have seen more than a couple of Angel's around.

So what about your buns? Do they share names with other bunnies on the forum?

Ha ha, I knew a boy called Poppy! Although when the lady realised he was a boy she changed him to a Pepper, not on this forum though, but it made me laugh when you posted that :D

Mouse and Chalk feel famous! :biggrin2:

I think there are a few Snowy's around- there must be as it's a fairly common name, but I've not seen any other Barney's, Mouse- apart from the Mouse you mentioned Tracy, I've not heard of another! And I haven't seen any Chalk's around, and no Dotty's either. So I guess my names are fairly unique!

We were discussing Mouse's name last night though- when she's naughty, like running the hallway last night and pulling the DVD's off the shelf, we shout 'Mouse! MOUSE!' and she just ignores us and carries on. The other night we got a bit silly and were shouting Mouse in different accents. When we said 'Moose! MOOOSE!' She immediately stopped and ran back in the living room. She's done the same every time since too! :expressionless Weird bunny...

I knew a Roger who was a girl. And a Tilly, who was morbidly obese (but a great rabbit!) at the vet hospitals I've worked for.

mouse_chalk wrote:
we shout 'Mouse! MOUSE!' and she just ignores us and carries on. The other night we got a bit silly and were shouting Mouse in different accents. When we said 'Moose! MOOOSE!' She immediately stopped and ran back in the living room. She's done the same every time since too! :expressionless Weird bunny...

haha, our failed foster bunny now named Walter, had a funny reaction to a song last night, this reminded me of it. My boyfriend plays the guitar and he'll often sing and play in the bedroom where Wally is. Wally usually doesn't react. So my boyfriend started playing "With a Little Help From My Friends" and the bunny just perked right up, came over to the bed, stood up trying to get a better listen. It was so cute... he was so interested in the song...

mouse_chalk wrote:
no Dotty's either. So I guess my names are fairly unique!
Sorry to say this :( We had a Dottie many years ago. Different spelling, same name, same reason. She was a black butterfly, but teeny tiny unlike your big girl. She was about 0.7kg or something ridiculous. But yes, we had a Dottie, of sorts.

Can't claim any of the others though :p

Flashy wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
no Dotty's either. So I guess my names are fairly unique!
Sorry to say this :( We had a Dottie many years ago. Different spelling, same name, same reason. She was a black butterfly, but teeny tiny unlike your big girl. She was about 0.7kg or something ridiculous. But yes, we had a Dottie, of sorts.

Can't claim any of the others though :p

Aww! I don't mind there being another Dotty/ie! They're great :D 0.7kg sounds TINY!!! We didn't actually choose the name Dotty- it was given to her while she was in Pets at Home. We probably could have changed it if we'd wanted, but I think she already knew it and we liked it anyway. It has a double meaning too, because she is both a Spotty Dotty and a Crazy Dotty! :)

I don't think theres another Storm.

He got his name cause there where to many Ikes but I wanted to know he alway lived through that storm in a box by a dumster. And by split chance he was nottransferdto houston to find a home.

If there is I would like to know how they ended up with that name.

My Flash's dad was called Storm (so grandad or great-grandad to most of my crew). His name came from the weather because all the rabbits at the stud were named after weather. I think Storm is a lovely name for a bunny :)

KatieRenee33 wrote:
BunnyObsessed95 wrote:
Any one else have a Edward or Jasper??
lol yes i love 'Twilight' names!! haha
hahaha I love that!!! :D I wanna name one Bella or Esme :)

i've really come to love the name Esme:D

i don't think there are any other Jamie/James/James Potters( i was really into HP at the time......:coolness::rollseyes). maybe that one member, blanking on name, that had all the HP themed bun names....i know he had a Remus and a Lily(i think.....:ph34r2)......:?

Flashy wrote:
My Flash's dad was called Storm (so grandad or great-grandad to most of my crew). His name came from the weather because all the rabbits at the stud were named after weather. I think Storm is a lovely name for a bunny :)
Wow I do love the name to. and its funny cause with storm being all grey its fits in more ways then one.

I think Peek-a-boo has a boy Misty, no one has a Princess as far as I know and I'm sure there are plenty of Thumper's around! I wouldn't have named him Thumper if he had been my bunny.

I know there is another Tiny....that was really hard for me when I first heard it - but I was still so wrapped up in grief over MY Tiny....

I think there was another Zeus but they spelled it Zues if I remember right.

Someone named their rabbit Meathead after our rabbit named Meathead.

Now Art wants to name our newest one "Meatloaf" cause we don't know what breed she is (aka "Mystery meat") - not that he'd ever eat a bunny. I am not thrilled with the idea of naming her that though...but I highly doubt anyone will copy that name if we do use it..

Edited to add: We had a doe named Summer and we have a buck named Roary...

KatieRenee33 wrote:
BunnyObsessed95 wrote:
Any one else have a Edward or Jasper??
lol yes i love 'Twilight' names!! haha
hahaha I love that!!! :D I wanna name one Bella or Esme :)
I have a Belle but i call her Bella all the time.

Had a Sooty ( :cry2) and we have named the baby bun ,possibly a temp name, Charger.

I know theres another Willow on here, And There might be few Snickers....But I think I have the only Thunder-Nibbles :D

Latest posts

Back