BUNNY MIGHT BE PREGNANT.. I HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystical

Reaction score
I have a Female 10 month old California White, and a 2 year old Buck who is a Black Dwarf Netherland and a 4 year old Buck who is a Black New Jersey Wooly. One day my 5 year old decided he would open the doors that separated them. He comes running saying " emergency 911" he says Miss Pearl is dancing with the other bunnies."

Now my Miss Pearl has gained weight, and is biting at me, which she did not do before. How can I tell if she is pregnant, I have never had a litter of bunnies. And, if so what should I do? I am at a lost. Also, knowing her breed and the possibilities of the Daddy's what do you all think they will look like, or the size? How many do they have in a first litter? How long before they come if she is pregnant? She was my little baby girl. Please help!!!

This is a link to a sit that tells you all about it. I don’t know about the breeds so I don’t know what they will look like.

Hi,
gestation period usually is 28-32 days (mark the day on the calender), litter size can be anything from 0 to 12 live kits (my rabbits are about her size, ca. 8-10lbs). What they will look like, impossible to tell.

Hard to tell if she's really pregnant until it's obvious, sometimes I didn't notice anything until there was a bunch of kits scurrying around the hutch. Be ready anyway, no matter if you think it's a false alarm or not.
There's the slight chance that neither of the bucks got her and the mood you observe is a false pregnancy, first timers don't always breed easily. Well, when I think about it, that's only when I want them to breed, when it is accidentially they always manage to get knocked up :D.
If you've seen the buck on her chances are pretty close to 100%.

When the time comes, at about day 24 or when you see her carrying hay around, give her a nest box and plenty of hay.
What kind of nestbox, and other details depends on your setup - indoors. outdoors, how is the weather, cage, hutch or run, etc.
Using the search terms "surprise litter" here will give you plenty to read, you're definitly not the first one. :)

Then you'll have 8 weeks to decide what to do with the offspring.

Good luck:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back