Bunny making noises when other rabbit approaches

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria72

Reaction score
My bunnies are both getting spayed next week. Last week my black bunny was humping my white bunny, this week, every time the black bunny approaches Thumper, she makes these noises and I don’t know what it means. When I went to the vet a month and a half ago she said they were both females, but she really had to look because they were 3 months and not fully developed. Could it be that Anakin (my black bunny) be a male? I am getting them spayed next Tuesday but I just wanted to hear others opinions on this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rssDN7dGw_LoBSGWWp3cUoDg7YEGFWQE/view?usp=sharing

In short, it is not impossible, if he's a male and they are both 4,5 months now and if he managed to impregnate her then usually female rabbits when getting pregnant won't let them close, they can even attack male or this making noises it's like warning. But if they both females it is also possible that she just fed up and won't let the black one dominate anymore.

I'd just check the black one (or both) if there are testicles it's a male for sure. At 3 months nt all rabbits have their testicles dropped so there's always possibility that they were sexed wrongly. By 4,5 months they should be in place, well it depends, sometimes it's 6 months but you can try you don't have to pay for it.
Let us know ;)

There is a high chance the vet was wrong, when they are that young it is super hard to tell, you will find out soon for sure though;)

Latest posts

Back