Bunny making noises/ the cause

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniela

Reaction score
Hello!
My bunny started to make weird noises recently. It doesn’t happen very often but it still worries me...
I’m attaching a video and if you forward to 1:25( man petting a bunny) that’s exactly what my bunny does😪
She is very happy and active bunny and I think she loves so if someone could please help me to understand what is happening, it would be great...

At 1:25 rabbit in video is not happy about what human is doing to him or her. They don't like it and if it continues there can be aggression act from that bunny and they can even bite.
In this case human approaches from above and in rabbit's territory which is totally unadvisable, because bunny in video clearly doesn't like it being territorial. That rabbit is uncomfortable with what human is doing, and afraid of it.
If you could give more details about your situation, when exactly your rabbit making that noise what are you doing before that we will be able to tell you more perhaps

At 1:25 rabbit in video is not happy about what human is doing to him or her. They don't like it and if it continues there can be aggression act from that bunny and they can even bite.
In this case human approaches from above and in rabbit's territory which is totally unadvisable, because bunny in video clearly doesn't like it being territorial. That rabbit is uncomfortable with what human is doing, and afraid of it.
If you could give more details about your situation, when exactly your rabbit making that noise what are you doing before that we will be able to tell you more perhaps
Hello! Thank you for your reply. My bunny is not aggressive at all and doesn’t seem to care about the territory. It happens when I try to pet her and she is in her enclosure... but it doesn’t happen often, only sometimes. My bunny is very cuddly normally. Grooming me constantly, running around. Happy bunny and she has a great personality. It makes me sad to see, that she is obviously scared of me😓

How old is she, is she neutered?
She may be not scared of you, it can be just territorial thing, when they become hormonal they don;t like to be petted in their territory, especially female rabbits. As you said in her enclosure.

How old is she, is she neutered?
She may be not scared of you, it can be just territorial thing, when they become hormonal they don;t like to be petted in their territory, especially female rabbits. As you said in her enclosure.
She is 8 months old, not spayed yet because my vet only does emergencies during lockdown, so I have to wait. Thank you for your support🙂 She is humping my hands constantly😂 There is no escape but she is not angry bunny.

She is 8 months old, not spayed yet because my vet only does emergencies during lockdown, so I have to wait. Thank you for your support🙂 She is humping my hands constantly😂 There is no escape but she is not angry bunny.
So I would just stop doing that in her territory. She is not aggressive or angry that's great but she clearly doesn't like it. Honestly, most noises in the video in your first post are not happy noises at all, only when clicking teeth is a sign of satisfaction, chewing on greens is fine too, but other noises indicate either medical problem or something is bothering them.
You are good for asking and so nice to see that you want to know what that sound means, most people don't care and keep just doing something that cause noises they think are cute :)

So I would just stop doing that in her territory. She is not aggressive or angry that's great but she clearly doesn't like it. Honestly, most noises in the video in your first post are not happy noises at all, only when clicking teeth is a sign of satisfaction, chewing on greens is fine too, but other noises indicate either medical problem or something is bothering them.
You are good for asking and so nice to see that you want to know what that sound means, most people don't care and keep just doing something that cause noises they think are cute :)
I don’t like the video either but I needed to know the meaning. Some rabbits are probably very vocal but my bunny was always very quiet so I found it very odd. I will stop my actions immediately, because I respect my bunny a lot. 🙂

My rabbit is almost two years old, and still is not neutered. I would love to have him fixed, but I live in a place where there is not many vets for rabbits. I wasn't able to watch the video, but some of the noises rabbits can make include: Thumping, (when they kick their hind legs back) Oinking, (When they are happy) Screaming, (Yes screaming. When they are in extreme pain this will occur.) etc...
If you treat your bun well and you believe she is a happy bunny, there is nothing to worry about. :) :) :)

Are you In London, UK? As far as I know, vets are doing spays. The best rabbit vets in London are at the Beaumont Hospital in Camden. COVID-19 information for clients of the RVC I would not go anywhere else.

My rabbit is almost two years old, and still is not neutered. I would love to have him fixed, but I live in a place where there is not many vets for rabbits. I wasn't able to watch the video, but some of the noises rabbits can make include: Thumping, (when they kick their hind legs back) Oinking, (When they are happy) Screaming, (Yes screaming. When they are in extreme pain this will occur.) etc...
If you treat your bun well and you believe she is a happy bunny, there is nothing to worry about. :) :) :)
Thank you🤗

Are you In London, UK? As far as I know, vets are doing spays. The best rabbit vets in London are at the Beaumont Hospital in Camden. COVID-19 information for clients of the RVC I would not go anywhere else.
My vet isn’t spaying atm, unless bunny lives with other bunny( to avoid pregnancy). It’s not so bad actually, she is not marking a territory and still using her toilet😂 Not destroying a furniture either.

My vet isn’t spaying atm, unless bunny lives with other bunny( to avoid pregnancy). It’s not so bad actually, she is not marking a territory and still using her toilet😂 Not destroying a furniture either.
I am glad it is not bad that bad. 🤤

Latest posts

Back