Bunny makes pain noises while sleeping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

re3re

Reaction score
Hello, I made this account immediately, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread. But basically, my bunny has been making those loud painful sounds whenever he lays down. It does go away, but it'll come back. This has been happening since around Easter. He got an eye injury (we got drops for him because of it, and the discharge has went away - his eye is definitely healed 99-100%), and so now he resides in my room. His behavior is completely normal, and he's like his regular self, but for this past week he's been making pain noises while he lays down. Is there a possible injury on his tummy? Does this stuff just happen sometimes? As I'm writing this, he's sleeping, but not making noises. Sometimes it's faint, and not like purring; but a bit ago it was loud. I'm wondering what to do?

I would gently touch his belly, legs, and abdomen and see if he flinches away in pain, or nips at your hand. How is he sitting? What does his diet look like? Is he eating normally?

Latest posts

Back