Bunny litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was with a buck around kindling. Quite often children who have access to the rabbits are involved in that mysteries. Or your buck can sneak in and out of the cages, but most likely you would have found him with the doe then. If you have wild rabbits where you live, a normal fence doesn't stop them. Had that happen once, young wild buck squeezed through the fence and knocked up one of my does, 3 times his size.

You don't have a cartload of rabbit Jesuses there, there is a rational explanation.

She was with a buck around kindling. Quite often children who have access to the rabbits are involved in that mysteries. Or your buck can sneak in and out of the cages, but most likely you would have found him with the doe then. If you have wild rabbits where you live, a normal fence doesn't stop them. Had that happen once, young wild buck squeezed through the fence and knocked up one of my does, 3 times his size.

You don't have a cartload of rabbit Jesuses there, there is a rational explanation.

I couldn't tell that my girls were pregnant with their first litters until the day they "popped"... Perhaps the bucks got a quick hump in before I managed to get them out? 🤔

My girls get put into a completely closed off burrow type hutch when they have babies. There is literally no possible way for a buck to get in there (not to mention they are off the ground).
Also, no wild rabbits.

My bunnies live in closed-off houses, outside, and get daily yard time (separate) for a couple of hours. The only thing that goes into the outside pen area is my cat 🤣 (He likes to cuddle with them.)

Oh no! I'm sorry about losing the blind baby and losing all the newborns! 😭
She was probably pregnant with both litters at once. I would remove the older baby so the new babies can eat! Good luck! Please send pictures 🥺?

Oh no! I'm sorry about losing the blind baby and losing all the newborns! 😭
She was probably pregnant with both litters at once. I would remove the older baby so the new babies can eat! Good luck! Please send pictures 🥺?

The older babies are already old enough to eat on their own, yay! I have been watching them closely though, just in case.

I can save all but one of the newborns from the Angora mommy. One was already passed when I found them this morning 😭 But! One of them was a little trooper and wiggled himself out of the cage before mom did some serious damage. (Mom is currently in a cage to be given to a new home (I made this choice before the new babies))

Mom who adopted her babies in the past adopted this one too! I am so happy I am able to save at least the one!😌

I will get pictures and put them up in my media before the day is out.

Hello!

I have a question related to this thread, so...Here goes:

Yesterday/today, my doe spit out 3 other babies!!:eek: Her first litter is now a month old (The little blind one, unfortunately, did not make it)
My doe was NOT placed with a male. I like to give them a good 4-6 weeks break between their litters. What gives? o_O

My other doe, the one who went complete Hannibal on her babies, had the same thing. She popped out another 4. She, sadly, went cannibal on them once again, I have zero interest in re-breeding her for a third chance... I just can't to that to the babies.
Ok, the double uterus is true. What happens most times is that if you wait a day or 2 sometimes even a few hours to try again... the same thing happens but theses me babies go in the other one becuse the first is closed. sometimes it just happens, other times something happened during the breeding process and it happens that way But regardless it can happen. I'm sorry about your kids though, good luck with this litter!

STRESS !! ~ Rabbits will cannibalize their kits in stressful situations. I am so sorry that the innocent babies were subjected to a mother who is under stress.

Stress and cannibalizing their young was one of the first things a rabbit educator told me when we took in a large bun from a neglect/abuse situation who looked very large in the abdomen.

https://petsmentor.com/rabbits/do-rabbits-eat-their-babies-why/

STRESS !! ~ Rabbits will cannibalize their kits in stressful situations. I am so sorry that the innocent babies were subjected to a mother who is under stress.

Stress and cannibalizing their young was one of the first things a rabbit educator told me when we took in a large bun from a neglect/abuse situation who looked very large in the abdomen.

https://petsmentor.com/rabbits/do-rabbits-eat-their-babies-why/

It's so crazy!!
I researched a lot on it when it first happened! Wich I totally understood, to a point, because her babies were 3 days old before she started chowing down on them!
This second time, she was in a room, all to herself, nice space to hop in, and suddenly, no only were the second babies a surprise but she chowed down on them as well.

She is just not a fit mom... It is almost like her simply having the babies stresses her out so she eats them. 😭

It's so crazy!!
I researched a lot on it when it first happened! Wich I totally understood, to a point, because her babies were 3 days old before she started chowing down on them!
This second time, she was in a room, all to herself, nice space to hop in, and suddenly, no only were the second babies a surprise but she chowed down on them as well.

She is just not a fit mom... It is almost like her simply having the babies stresses her out so she eats them. 😭
You did you research and now you know... you did your best and you are a good bunny mom, to are right, she just isn't cut for the job. I hope you and your bunnies are doing good right now though!

Latest posts

Back