Bunny litter box trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
For my liter box I've always had to use the wire topped kind but they are so small. I want to have a cat litter box for my woolly jersey bunny (not with cat litter!). But she had problems cleaning her bum and poop would get caught in her long fur so i had to use the wire topped kind. Any suggestions? Hope yall can help! Btw my first bun and i am totally in love with her! Ive never had a pet with such a great personality!

That’s so sweet. My suggestions would be to maybe clean the box more often. If you already clean it a lot then maybe look into how long her fur should be. However Jersey woolies do require a lot of grooming so cleaning her butt might just be a part of being her mom. Good luck!

You can make your own grate using the grids from fluorescent light covers or even a large cooling rack. Google should give some ideas. That way you can use whatever size plastic box you want.

I have two free-roam house bunnies that have the run of the whole living room, sofa and all. So I need their feet to be as clean as possible. In their litter box, I first line it with a pee pad, then I put about 2 cups of So Phresh Crumbled Paper Bedding and spread that out over the pad, and lastly, I top the whole box with Timothy Hay/Orchard Grass Hay mix, keeping it pouffe and fluffy. This setup has helped to keep their feet pretty clean. And it encourages them to eat hay and use the potty in one spot. Because bunnies do tend to eat and poop at the same time. And by eating as much hay as they want is good for their digestive and overall health. I also have a bin of clean hay above the litter box which they mostly eat out of, but they do enjoy foraging in the litter box too.

Latest posts

Back