Bunny Limping turned more serious. Advice wanted!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for the confidence. I really am hoping xayah can pull through. Hes my young baby and I cant bare the thought of losing him.
I caved and booked Xayah in for an xray on Thursday. Called the vets and it will cost £400 for 2 pictures and sedation, as long as he doesnt need any care then and there like meds.

Will let you know the results and suggestions from the vets if the xrays prove nothing it will be down to tumour or spinal nerve damage..

Update, Xayah has been put to rest.

the Xray found a tumour on his right hind knee. the vets said its possibly spread to the lungs, but they didnt xray his chest, as there was no way to save him. they said amputation was impossible cuz how how big it was and where it was. that the only operation they could attempt would leave him unable to move, causing more issues and reducing his quality of life, on top of the pain he must have been hiding so well up til today.

Aw i'm so sorry for your loss! No illness is good, especially if it's in the hind legs (general movement and life quality) or anywhere in the crucial organs system (general life quality)!
It is indeed sad that nothing could've been done with the tumorous hind leg and even if it hadn't spread, a bun without a hind leg would've still heavily struggled.
Just know that Xayah will always be in your memories and that we're all here to support you!

Latest posts

Back