Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danitza Rojas

Reaction score
I got my 10 week old Netherland Dwarf rabbit 3 days ago and she's been eating, drinking, and using the restroom perfectly. But today I had her on my bed with me while I watched TV and she got to roam around, and she suddenly just started licking me. She licked my entire hand and would not let me move or pet her until she was finished with my hand, then she moved on to the other hand. And at first I thought it was a sign of love but she would occasionally nip me and I know nipping can be a bad sign. And plus, I've only had her for three days and it's highly difficult to bond with your bunny that quickly right? Is this an act of love or am I crazy?

I got my 10 week old Netherland Dwarf rabbit 3 days ago and she's been eating, drinking, and using the restroom perfectly. But today I had her on my bed with me while I watched TV and she got to roam around, and she suddenly just started licking me. She licked my entire hand and would not let me move or pet her until she was finished with my hand, then she moved on to the other hand. And at first I thought it was a sign of love but she would occasionally nip me and I know nipping can be a bad sign. And plus, I've only had her for three days and it's highly difficult to bond with your bunny that quickly right? Is this an act of love or am I crazy?
I’m not for sure but when I had my orphan baby he loved to lick me and I didn’t have him long. It could be love or he likes the salt on your hands.

Probably a mix of love and salt on your hands
Also some nipping isn't always bad, sometimes bunnies do it as an attempt to groom you

Latest posts

Back