Bunny left outside.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention by a friend (who is also a member on RO) that there is a rabbit (domestic-black and white) that sits outside her office window. Talking to other people in the work place, there maybe three rabbits outside. Someone was saying it is the father and two offsprings, (the mother was killed by a coyote).

We have tried to catch them. We managed to corner one and grab it, but he struggled and squirmed out of the persons arms and got away.

So I bought an animal trap, and my friend would set it up in the morning when she gets to work and brings it in when she leaves work.

Today my friend encountered a lady who is upset by seeing the trap outside. Some nasty things was yelled at my friend, and the lady would destroy the trap if she sees it again.

Now I am wondering what my options are.

There was a story about a rabbit being left outside, and I can't seem to find it. If I printed some of those and left it outside, then people might have a change in heart.

Ask your friend to keep an animal carrier in her office and a large net. If she sees the bunny or bunnies out the window again, catch it in the net, transfer to the carrier. I'm glad you guys are willing to help these poor guys.
Crazy lady? Just ignore her.

I thought I replied to this a while back,:?
I guess my post was sent to the nether world.....:sigh:

It was good, but I can't remember exactly what I wrote.

Anywho...

Any updates on this?

We suspended our capture for the moment.
There is two distinct rabbits that we identified. The crazy lady is from a business close to my friends business, and the lady frequently comes out to check if the trap is set up. Other people from that business is giving my friend a rough time too.

I spoke to the Animal Protection Officers at the Humane Society, and they are sorry we are having issues with this lady, but they don't have the manpower to catch any strays. But they told me, I have to proceed carefully, because technically I am not allow to trap on private property. (It's a large parking lot, and there is quite a few abandoned junk cars left there).

To bad about the crazy lady.
I bet she'd have a different opinion if she knew what you were trying to do.

Maybe you can find some pics that resemble the strays. Make up some "Lost Bunny" posters.
If the crazy lady shows up, run out with a handful of posters and ask her if she's seen them around....."cuz they got loose and we're trying to get them back***big sob***"

Seriously though....
The laws are pretty strict around here. too.
We're not allowed to set up a trap anywhere...even our own property.
Our town animal control will issue one with a deposit and permit fee, but they come pick it up in 24hrs....or you can put down another permit fee.
If we catch anything, we're supposed to call them to come pick it up.
It's more for the "squirrels in the actic" type of issue.

Buck Jones and the Missus were able to corral my Rosie with a couple of long poles and a crabbing net (loooong handled).
She had been abandoned at a service station in the middle of winter, and was living under an old car with another bun.

I have alot of respect for Buck, when he went out to catch Rosie. It is not easy as I had learned from trying to catch these two. The bunnies are wary of us as they are keeping a farer distance from us now.

As I mentioned in the first post, there was a Christmas or winter story about a rabbit being left out in the cold. If I can find or get that story, I could copy it for that lady to see. She must be attached to the bunnies because she sees them at her work place, but won't take any responsibly to ensure their health and safety. She said some bad things to my friend and said we want to trap the bunny and eat it. :sosad

Latest posts

Back