Bunny Kisses?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TammyP

Reaction score
My lionhead just gave birth a few days ago. She is a VERY attentive mama and doing a great job, especially with this being her first litter. I "check" on the babies first thing each morning to make sure all have been fed and are in the nest box. When I do my checks, mama licks me on the leg. She normally only gives "kisses" when I'm petting her. Do any of you bunny whisperers know what this means? Thanks for your insight!

Tammy

As far as I can tell, that's just how your bunny does things. I would see it as a quite positive sign, Apart from them getting quite horny I havn't seen anything like that.

As far as I can tell, that's just how your bunny does things. I would see it as a quite positive sign, Apart from them getting quite horny I havn't seen anything like that.
Lol...yeah. her beau was quite kissy kissy with her when they bred. I definitely feel it's a positive thing 😌..maybe her approval of me helping her care for the kits?

I have a doe who does that. She is my most motherly rabbit and her babies are always the sweetest. Like @Preitler said, it is a positive sign.
That's very encouraging to hear. My doe is very spunky, but sweet. The only time she has been aggressive was during her teenager life 😳. I was wondering what I had gotten myself into!

That's very encouraging to hear. My doe is very spunky, but sweet. The only time she has been aggressive was during her teenager life 😳. I was wondering what I had gotten myself into!

My mother hen doe was the same way in her teenage stage! Aggressive and snippy. That's so funny, that both our rabbits are pretty similar.

Latest posts

Back