Bunny jumped out of arms… dont know what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessdezen

Reaction score
I was just putting my bunny away, and he jumped out of my arms (im 5’4 but was crouched down ab to put him in the cage) and hit his head on the top of his cage. The cage we have from him opens from the top and side (i was putting him away through the top). Watched him for a few minutes after- he seemed fine, but i cant tell. He does this often, every few weeks or so. How do i make it so he doesn’t jump out of my arms? What do i do? help would be appreciated

If he's eating normally, moving normally, and going potty as normal, then he should be just fine.

As for putting him in his cage, you'll need to change your method. It is a common mistake to think it is ok to physically pick up a rabbit, carry him (anywhere), and physically place him inside of his cage. All 3 of those actions should be avoided.

The safe and recommended way to get a rabbit back in his cage is described in detail at the following page of my website. The top of the page explains about bonding with your bunny. Then further down on the page, it describes how to get a rabbit into and out of his cage-- safely and without negatively affecting your relationship.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html

Latest posts

Back