Bunny ingested furball

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm asking this for a friend. A friend I know over the internet who has a lot of bunnies. She told me today over PM that one of her rabbits ingested a furball. She says he's not eating anything. I don't know anything about his age, breed, how long he's been not eating, ect. But I'd just like any advice on getting the furball moving so I can give it to her.

Thanks.

I believe pineapple juice works for clearing out hair balls. I think papaya tablets is another good one.

Zero was treated for a "hairball" that I don't believe he really had but I understand the most important being hydration/fluids and lots of hay. I did give him Laxatone and Metacam as instructed for a couple weeks until I read a few places that Laxatone has the opposite effect and the sugar was just too much for Zero's system to handle. Just receiving fluids is probably enough to get him feeling well enough to eat. That has been my experience with Z I hope your friend can get her rabbit to a vet for treatment.

Latest posts

Back