Bunny indifferent since bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayleighJayne

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had my minilop since she was 8 weeks old. She is 10 months old now and used to be so affectionate, jumping on my bed to lick my face, napping by my leg, seeking out attention and making her little buzzing noise whenever I came in the room.

Fast forward to end of February, and I bonded her with a neutered male (she was spayed in December), and whilst they are inseparable and clearly adore eachother, she is now indifferent towards me. She doesn't seek attention from me anymore, and only makes her little buzzing noise/wants anything to do with me when she sees I have food! She sometimes even shies away from my hand when I try to make a fuss of her.

They bonded immediately, and he is quite timid so perhaps when he comes out of his shell, she will too? They're both free roam and seem very content with eachother, I was just a little concerned about her quite significant behavioural change.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kayleigh

Attachments

• 20210330_115257.jpg
    20210330_115257.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 3
I had a Holland lop doe that did that to me! Just try rebounding with her it worked perfectly for me I mean I didn’t get as many kisses but it was a close to her normal I could get! She may also feel like you aren’t the alpha any more now that she has a new housemate:) ask if you have any more specific questions

Latest posts

Back