Bunny hopping competition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PABunnyMom

Reaction score
I'm interested in training my buns how to jump. What kind of harness and leash do I need? I have two Lionheads. Are walking leashes OK or is their a type made specifically for jumping?

H style harnesses are pretty much the only ones allowed in competition. You don't want one that has a strap between the legs. There are different brands, but you want one that looks like this:
images

For a leash, 4-6ft is usually good. Too long and it gets hard to manage. A light cat one works best, you don't want anything that will weigh the rabbit down.

Bunny hopping is awesome, it's better to train younger rabbits but all ages is fine, competitions are great. You meet new people and it's so fun, it's also very educational

Yes. I'm looking forward to training my bunnies. They are only 3 months old.

Don't over do it with a young rabbit. They and still growing, and too much jumping is hard on them. Short jumps are fine, and short training sessions. We don't allow rabbits under 9 months to go over about 12". Some young rabbits do lack focus, so might not really 'get it' until they are a bit older.

Yes. Thanks. The rabbit shows don't allow bunnies younger than 4 months. I'm really just gathering info right now.

Latest posts

Back