Bunny head going in circles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selena RD

Reaction score
My first bunny that's neutered and in a month will be 2 years old and he started doing this since i got him which is when he was 4 months old and This can happen every 2 days is when he flops to his side his head starts going in circles it can go 5 or 10 times around then he will get up clean his ears and flop again like nothing happened and he eats and poops well but he also has a brother that does the same thing but not as often and i also have a other younger bunny that will do it every once in while and i just been wondering is it a head tilt. something else?. please if anyone has experience this with their bunny please share or if u know anything about this

I don't have any experience with that, but I have heard of it. I think what you are describing is called scanning. It happens with some rabbits that have poor eyesight, usually in albino rabbits. By scanning, they are checking everything around them to see where everything is because they have poor depth perception.

My own bunny do this, daily. But only if the light its strong and when he’s trying to see his surrounding. But my bunny have bad eye sight and have trouble seeing :3

Do your bunny have red eyes, sometimes if they are not breed correctly they can have problem with sight and the light.

Yes my first bunny has red eyes and is a albino and his brother isn't albino but maybe cause he's related and the younger one is a albino with red eyes too

Latest posts

Back