Bunny Has Worms?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunny.Bunny

Reaction score
I'm freaking out right now.

I cant even really describe what propelled me to check Hunny's litter box so thoroughly. I usually look at it once a day to make sure poops are good - but this time, I actually took a stick and kinda moved all the piles of poops around - and found an odd looking poop.

At first, I thought it was cecotropes, but I am a paranoid bun owner, so I put it on a toilet paper to examine. That's when I found little, white worms.

I've asked for an appointment from my vet - we've only gone to her once - and am waiting for pending approval.

Anyone know Northwood Animal Hospital? First appointment went well, and the doc seemed to know her stuff, but if any of you have had any good interactions with this vet, I could really use the reassurment.

While I wait for the approval - to those who have dealt with this before - is there anything I can do for my bun?

For background info, she's a 4 month old Holland Lop/Netherland Dwarf.

Any advice or info is appreciated!20190808_012536.jpeg20190808_012536.jpeg20190808_013111.jpeg

I hope you can get in to see the vet soon. One nontoxic thing that works for worms is diatomaceous earth. You might be able to find it at a farm and garden store. I have seen it at Fleet Farm, but they sell it in large bags. You can find it easier online. It looks like flour, and you can coat food with it. It is also called Fossil Shell Flour, and is put in foods in third world countries where people have problems with worms. It is dusty, so let it settle on the food before giving the food to you rabbit, so your rabbit doesn't breath it in. I had a rabbit with tape worm and it worked for that. I used it for a month to make sure all of the worms were gone. Getting a medication from the vet would be easier, but I always keep this product on hand, and sprinkle some around our entry door in the spring to get rid of ants that are coming in the house, and I don't have to worry about an animal getting poisoned by it.

Thank you for the advice! The vet just responded to me, thankfully quickly, and she said to send over a feces sample! Once she's gorna diagnosis, she'll send home some medication! I'm hoping all goes well.[emoji173]

Latest posts

Back