Bunny has reduced interest in hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snandy

Reaction score
I have 3 month old female holland lop and as of the past few days she’s had a reduced interest in hay. I had recently gotten a different brand of hay and I figured she didn’t like it as much so I went to back to the previous brand because she would eat it all the time. Both were Timothy hay. She gets extremely excited for pellets and is drinking water and pooping normally but her lack of eating hay is concerning me. She has sneezed a few time in the past two days as well. She hasn’t had as much energy as she usually does and has been spending most of the past two days flooping around. Should I be concerned she is sick? How can I get her to eat more hay?

I would change her hay, something that isn’t dusty and doesn’t have too short of strands. My rabbit goes on a sneezing frenzy when I get the wrong hay. I would hide a few pellets in the hay, stuff cardboard boxes and toilet rolls with hay. If she stops eating fully for more than 8 hours, then she’s sick. If she’s still eating pellets, she’s okay, but has lost interest in hay. We have a few links on how to get a rabbit to eat more hay: My rabbit won't eat hay, help?

Latest posts

Back