Bunny grinding his teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Popcorn is a six month old silver fox and he just started grinding his teeth today. It’s a sound I’ve never heard him make before, like a short clacking noise. He is eating and drinking normally and pooping like always.
When I got home from work today I noticed that he had eaten a whole chunk out of my carpet, most of it was just shredded in the corner but I have no way of knowing If or how much he might have eaten and if that might be why he’s grinding? He is also grooming excessively! He’s always been a big groomer, but tonight he just won’t stop. He doesn’t entirely seem like himself, but should I worry if he’s still eating and pooping normally?

Popcorn is a six month old silver fox and he just started grinding his teeth today. It’s a sound I’ve never heard him make before, like a short clacking noise. He is eating and drinking normally and pooping like always.
When I got home from work today I noticed that he had eaten a whole chunk out of my carpet, most of it was just shredded in the corner but I have no way of knowing If or how much he might have eaten and if that might be why he’s grinding? He is also grooming excessively! He’s always been a big groomer, but tonight he just won’t stop. He doesn’t entirely seem like himself, but should I worry if he’s still eating and pooping normally?
I have had my rabbits chew and eat carpet at times but it could possibly have upset his stomach or his teeth, buns grind teeth due to pain

Is the rabbit doing any better or has the grinding depleted since the time that it started? But if not you can call the UGA vet and they can give you some tips because that’s what I did with my bun had her litter here’s the number https://www.google.com/search?q=uga+emergency+vet&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#
He’s doing alright now, eating normally and drinking tho he isn’t pooping much at all now. I was able to get him in to see the vet this morning and she could find no signs of pain or anything that would cause him to grind his teeth. Everything looks normal but she sent me home with treatments for GI stasis just in case.

Latest posts

Back