Bunny got into treat jar! HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
So today for thanksgiving I went to my cousins house from about 1:30-10:30 and before I left I gave the bunnies some treats. I forgot about the treat jar and left it on top of the hide away with the cap barely screwed on. When I got home I went to check on the bunnies and the treat jar was on the floor and it was empty. I am so worried because that means that Hermione ate ALL of the treats which worries me. That would’ve been very unhealthy and too much sugar. I had a bag of oxbow’s dried strawberries in there and some homemade treats I made myself in there. I’m really worried because all of that is a lot even though it’s a tiny jar, there was a lot of sugar. I’m worried because it was only Hermione who ate all of it and that’s a LOT of sugar for one tiny 4 pound bunny. Please give me advice on what to do. I do plan on sleeping in the bunny room tonight just to make sure she’s going to be ok throughout the night.

Let Hermione eat a lot of hay and keep an eye on her.

I had my bunny eating half a jar (big) of dried apples, a lot of pellets and a bag of dandelions roots in one go. But nothing happened to him after eating everything. But he got a bit of changed droppings, if it was Odin that had done it I would directly give gas drops as a prevention. Because I know Odin would be getting gas and better to give it before he start building up the gas.

Latest posts

Back