Bunny getting old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've noticed over the past few months that Mr. Wiggles hasn't beenquite himself. He's not sick, so there's no real reason to take him tothe vet. He has been getting some soft stools occasionally which is notsomething he ever had before. There's just something not quiteright. I'm always worried that he'll be gone when I check onhim. I'm just wondering if there's anyway to tell if this is old age,or is it normal for them to change. He's about 3 1/2 now, is that evenold in bunny years?

Thanks,
Megan

It sounds like something is off - and that'smore than enough reason to take him to a rabbit-savvy vet for acheckup. 3 & 1/2 is pretty young, all things considered.

3.5 is pretty young, not even reallymiddle-aged. What are you feeding him? You couldalso take a fecal sample in to the vet to see if he's having problemswith bacteria or parasites like coccidia.

If you're noticing that something's not right, you're probablyright. It might be best to take him in for a check-up to seeif there's something that you've missed like a lump or a developingtooth problem.

Hi,

I don't want to worry you & I hope it's not thesamebut that's sounds exactly like our little Fiver justbefore he died.

He lost a little weight even though he was still eating &moulted constantly. We took him for his injection & check up atthe vet & they said he seemed fine if a little underweight soto make sure he was eating. Unfortunately we lost him a week later& we still don't know why.

I would take Mr. Wiggles to the vet & just keep a close eye on him. I hope he gets better.

Thanks for the suggestions. He's eating MannaPro, I'm not sure which formula. I forgot to mention that I think he'sput on some weight, so it may just be that he's overweight. But we'llsee what the vet says.

Thanks!
Megan

How long hashe been eating MannaPro? Isn't that highin Protein?
It might be OK,because yourbunny is a longhair rabbit.
My pellets run at 14%protein. Higher proteinwould causePebblesto moult.

I noticed Pebbles wouldget soft stools whenI feed her too muchvegetables.
When soft stools occurs, I givePebbles Oats and Hay,and cut back on herpellets and vegs.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back