Bunny friendly cleaning products? And rabbit tearing carpet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hello :)
does anyone one have any suggestions about safe cleaning products I can use to deep clean my carpet? I know I can use vinegar for bunny urine but im looking for a cleaning product to soften my carpet. Also anyone have any suggestions how I can stop my rabbit from tearing out my carpet. She doesn’t have no interest in playing with any toys at all, she only is interested in food. I’ve used tiles to cover up spots she likes to dig but she finds a new spot then destroys it! Ive tried telling her No in a firm voice but not loud she just looks at me then continues.I’ve also used bitter spray and still nothing.I know she doesn’t know any better but I miss my carpet without holes. Thanks in advance!

Hi, could you post some pics what kind of carpet you have and how bad is it? Close-ups please!
I use 5 % white distilled table vinegar for my carpet and it works great, but there are more tricks of course, my grandma used damp nearly dry used black or green tea leaves just sprinkled all over the carpet let them stay for 10-15 mins and then vac them up. Tea would remove musty smell, but vinegar would do too. I don't know what kind of vinegar you use maybe it's just too strong for your carpet and what type of carpet is it synthetic or natural, long/short etc?

Hi, could you post some pics what kind of carpet you have and how bad is it? Close-ups please!
I use 5 % white distilled table vinegar for my carpet and it works great, but there are more tricks of course, my grandma used damp nearly dry used black or green tea leaves just sprinkled all over the carpet let them stay for 10-15 mins and then vac them up. Tea would remove musty smell, but vinegar would do too. I don't know what kind of vinegar you use maybe it's just too strong for your carpet and what type of carpet is it synthetic or natural, long/short etc?
Thank you for a responde and I’ll give it try
a try. Do they sell the leaves at a groceries? And ill take a photo I don’t think it’s synthetic but I’m not sure.

They sell it everywhere, just regular tea leaves for making teas. I don't use teabags myself only loose tea but sure you can use teabags what is inside of them.

Your carpet looks like synthetic to me and doesn't actually look too bad, maybe it smells bad I don't know, but that corner looks very chewed indeed! Hopefully she didn't eat it just chewed.

I'd go with just vinegar to remove bad smell, it should work. I have a wool carpet and it works pretty well, last summer I cleaned it with a damp cloth using soft kitchen dishwashing liquid and rinsed a couple times with water after that and then brought it outside to let it dry completely, but honestly I think it was a bit too much. If you have snow where you live, my grandma cleaned carpets with snow every winter, just when you got nice dry snow put your carpets on it upside down and we had to walk on it so all the dust and bad things will stay in snow and then you turn it good side up and again cover with snow and then brush snow out then shake it well and can bring back home, make sure there's no snow left as it will get wet otherwise when you bring it into warmth.
That was a really good cleaning, very fresh feeling and great fun too. But the snow should be dry and not around zero.

Last year I bought Shake'n'Vac dry cleaning powder but never used it as I thought it won't be safe for my rabbits. Maybe I am wrong I should read instruction again it was designed for pet owners so maybe it is safe enough

They sell it everywhere, just regular tea leaves for making teas. I don't use teabags myself only loose tea but sure you can use teabags what is inside of them.

Your carpet looks like synthetic to me and doesn't actually look too bad, maybe it smells bad I don't know, but that corner looks very chewed indeed! Hopefully she didn't eat it just chewed.

I'd go with just vinegar to remove bad smell, it should work. I have a wool carpet and it works pretty well, last summer I cleaned it with a damp cloth using soft kitchen dishwashing liquid and rinsed a couple times with water after that and then brought it outside to let it dry completely, but honestly I think it was a bit too much. If you have snow where you live, my grandma cleaned carpets with snow every winter, just when you got nice dry snow put your carpets on it upside down and we had to walk on it so all the dust and bad things will stay in snow and then you turn it good side up and again cover with snow and then brush snow out then shake it well and can bring back home, make sure there's no snow left as it will get wet otherwise when you bring it into warmth.
That was a really good cleaning, very fresh feeling and great fun too. But the snow should be dry and not around zero.

Last year I bought Shake'n'Vac dry cleaning powder but never used it as I thought it won't be safe for my rabbits. Maybe I am wrong I should read instruction again it was designed for pet owners so maybe it is safe enough
Okay great!I’m going to try this today thank you! Also I wished it snowed over here it’s like a desert where I live-.- ;D

Latest posts

Back