Bunny friend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper89

Reaction score
so I have been thinking for awhile that may be Pepper would like a friend to play with while I’m at work so he doesn’t get bored and for companionship. I know I need to get a female since Pepper is a male. But I am curious, does it have to be the same breed? And if someone can tell me if one gets sick does the other usually follow suit? And if not a rabbit is it possible for a different animal he can bond to? And if so can they be in the same cage providing they can get along?

Best companion for a rabbit is another rabbit. Only rabbits "speak rabbit." Other species don't/won't understand a rabbit's body language.

If your Pepper is neutered, then he can meet other fixed rabbits at a rabbit rescue to pre-screen for potential compatibility. He's the one who should do the choosing. The good news is that breed and size are totally irrelevant when it comes to bonding. Any breed can bond with any other breed and the smallest of rabbits can bond with the largest of rabbits. It all depends on the individual rabbits. The key is that both rabbits are fixed.

Here's more about bonding.

I also agree with Blue Eyes. Breed doesn't matter, but it is usually easier to bond a female and a male (instead of female and female, or male and male).

yes, breed doesn't matter, and getting a girl for your boy is a good idea too!!

Thank you so much for the advice! I have been looking for a female for Pepper with no luck :( im sure i will find one :D

Latest posts

Back