Bunny flooring advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NKS

Reaction score
Hi! We've got two lovely bunny ladies in an exercise pen. For the floor, we've been using pet blankets over a tarp (we have hardwood floors and don't want water or the occasional stray pee getting on the floor), but the bigger bun has been increasingly biting huge chunks out of the blankets. We don't care about the blankets, but we don't want her to accidentally eat some of it and get stasis. We just bought a cheap, flatwoven ikea washable rug to see if that's less tempting, but she's already biting through that too. Any advice about flat flooring that bunnies can't eat? I saw something about "nonslip lino" but I don't really know what that means or how to find it. Before you suggest it, I am confident this bun would eat chunks out of foam tiles, foam mats, etc. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Thank you! Is anything called "luxury vinyl" appropriate, or is there some specific brand or feature I should be looking for? Alternatively, has anyone used these interlocking mats? It seems like the top surface is kind of smoother than usual foam mats, so I don't think my bun would have the same instinct to dig into it, but I'm just not sure.

My bun is on laminate and rugs (this is best for him and his hocks). But foam mats are good too, just make sure that they can’t chew it. If you have bunnies who like to chew, it’ll be a good idea to cover the mats with something like a blanket

My bun is on laminate and rugs (this is best for him and his hocks). But foam mats are good too, just make sure that they can’t chew it. If you have bunnies who like to chew, it’ll be a good idea to cover the mats with something like a blanket
The kind that are like jigsaw tile pieces are great. I would still have the tarp underneath though. It also dampens the sound of thumps and other noises that active bunnies make. You can find them listed as gym mats or play mats for kids. I got 50 tiles off fb marketplace for $40. What a steal!

My four rabbits have linoleum flooring over my carpet to protect my floor. It’s easy to wash and sweep and their nails don’t rip it.

Latest posts

Back