Bunny first aid kit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
So i've been given many suggestions to get myself a bunny critical care kit. Now i need to know. What exactly can be found in a crit care kit?

Baby gas drops, syringe, critical care, salve and something that stop bleedings. That’s what I have for my bunnies, but I have a vet that’s open 24/7 that have rabbit savy vet, so I’m not that worried :3

What does critical care include?
Are any baby gas drops okay?
What kind of salve?
What stops bleedings? I've heard thag some starch, but i'm not sure...

And we STILL haven't actually found any vets, so not having a crit care bag is not an option.
Yeah sure googke maps shows, but when looking at/near the buildings, not a single sign of any vet is present...

Last edited:
1. Critical care is a powdered food you can mix with water to syringe feed. You can also grind up pellets with pineapple juice or water for the same effect if you cant get criticla care. You can usually order it online or from any vets.
2. Pretty muchas long as.... The ingredient or drug name you are looking for is Simethicone.
3. Polysporin would do the trick. Not the pain releiving kind though.
4. Corn starch. But for nails I lile Silver Nitrate sticks. However corn starch is not ideal to use on bleeding skin. Pet stores usually sell Kwik Stop for nails as well.

That is really helpful! Guess i'll have to get a grinder to grind some pellets in case something might happen. About pineapple juice though, wasn't a little bit of it helpful when clearing blockages? What exactly is polysporin good for?
We don't have kwikstop or polysporin, so i need to find out what these working ingredients are...

Also, nobody has replied to me of how much drops are okay to give to a full-grown french lop?

Also, nobody has replied to me of how much drops are okay to give to a full-grown french lop?

From Rabbit Health Central:

• For relief of acute gas pain, 1-2 cc (20mg/ml suspension) can be given as often as every hour for three doses, then 1 cc every three to eight hours.

• Simethicone is practically inert, and is safe to give, even as a precaution, as long as it is not given long term

I t
I think it is okay to give them to her. I use the equate brand for infants. It’s always good to be prepared i also have a kit just in case a natural disaster happened too , we get a lot of earthquakes here.

So i went to the vet and they gave me some powder to mix into his water, i've been feeding him with it. He seems a slight bit more relaxed on the belly part. I bought gas drops of 40mg/ml that fit for adults and babies alike. Is it okay if i were to give him 1ml of that around 7 am and 6 pm?

And i'm happy to report that the worst disasters we have are some winds that tear off a tile of a house in like, every five years.
So we're safe here on that part.

Latest posts

Back