Bunny fight! Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariana

Reaction score
a bun that I am “fostering “ was roaming while my rabbit was safe in his room, she somehow managed to get to the blocked gate and not his lip! It’s already swollen but it’s not bleeding bad, what should I do? I’ve never had this happen before .

Can you post a picture of it? If you think it may be serious, it will be a good idea to at least call your vet.

I've had my fair share of bunny fights and the wounds always heal and will occasionally leave a small scar.

This probably goes without saying but make sure they can't bite each other. I have two unbonded bunnies kept in my room so I secured chicken wire to the pen so they can't bite each other. Many rabbits have scars on their lips from being bit through cage bars.

Thanks for replying! I kept an eye on it and made a vet appointment, it healed up quickly so we canceled the appointment. I have gates to block off his room, and she’s caged but I let her out to run and she was able to push her way through the bin infront of the gate to reach him. For caution we put a gate in the hallway to his room so she can’t reach him at al now.

Latest posts

Back