Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Guys my bunny just pooped, normal poop, the one we see everywhere not the ones that they usually eat. And she ate it!! Is that okay? why would she do that!

Guys my bunny just pooped, normal poop, the one we see everywhere not the ones that they usually eat. And she ate it!! Is that okay? why would she do that!

😁 She wanted to see how if tasted, bunny’s are VERY CURIOUS,
my bun did that one time and I just laughed!

It’s actually normal for bunnies to eat poop and then eat it right after, once every day. They usually do it early in the morning or late at night. The poop is called cecotrophy and its nutrient rich so the rabbit will actually re-ingest it so that it can reabsorb the important nutrients.

It’s actually normal for bunnies to eat poop and then eat it right after, once every day. They usually do it early in the morning or late at night. The poop is called cecotrophy and its nutrient rich so the rabbit will actually re-ingest it so that it can reabsorb the important nutrients.
It wasn’t cecotrophy it was regular poop

Mine do that sometimes, too! I noticed they do it more often in unknown locations (not their territories) as if trying to cover up their tracks 🤔

My previous bunny was the biggest poop eater ever. Cecals, regular poops....she loved them all. She would poop and then spin around very fast to eat them--sometimes many of them! She was quite a chubby bunny too, but she lived to be twelve years old and very healthy up until cancer took her. I guess the poop served her well!

Latest posts

Back