bunny drinking her urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatum

Reaction score
Hello

has anyone experienced their rabbit drinking their own urine?My daughters friend called me tonight and asked me I knew anythingabout this!? Thanks in advance! Tatum

Thank you Angie,

i don't think so because we talked about the cecals. In any case my guess is that it is not normal..tatum

When Misty was younger (about 3 months), shewould also pee, then lick it up.. I was worried, but she eventuallystopped with no harm to her.

Not sure why though... I got her a salt/mineral lick too but not sure if that helped.

My bun Rodney used to drink his pee when he was a baby, but he stopped doing it after a little while.

Thanks to you all, no solutions, but sounds likethis is something bunnies sometimes do. Guess it's nothing toworry about?!

Tatum

Hmmm..i have also seen mysunshine dothis a few times,i have also seen her lick up Ebonyswee:disgust:,i thought that the wee might have something in it thatsunshine was lacking,like vitamins or something :?....or..sunshine wasthinking "quick,i better get rid of the evidence......fast" lol

cheryl

Ha Ha Ha Ha, angie that just cracked me up, made my evening ,so hilarious!!

Tatum

Latest posts

Back