Bunny diet an easy guide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdoc

Chris
Reaction score
Hi all, came across this again today from a rescue place in Canada and it´s a great indicator of what your bunny should be eating...I love all the colours as well as the spot on percentages. Their website is a cuteness overload as well and well worth a look.

Rabbitdiet_zpsd057d3b3.jpg

This is great .. I'm not too sure if my Dutch, Mila actually enjoys it .. She's had the same pile sitting in her cage since we got her, I did switch it out when I cleaned it out .. hoping that she just wasn't interested in THAT batch .. but no , it's still there. I'm hoping she warms up to her new home and eats her Hay. .

Hmmmm, I feed a large portion of my diet in "green food" that is gathered daily. Guava branches and leaves, fresh veg, fresh grass and weeds. I would say that 75% of their diet is made up of fresh foods. My rabbits are large and thriving.

I need to head to my farmers market and see what organic greens are available.. If my bun isn't going to eat hay at least make up for it with other veggies is how I see it :brat:

Oooo I like this! :) when I first read the title "an EASY guide" hahahaha I laughed and though yeah right!!! I've always gotten mixed answers about how much vegetables and pellets is too much and stuff.

Katie, I think this actually appeared on the RWAF site or the RAW site, two well know UK sites. I love the stuff the RWAF (Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund) who do some fabulous work with bunnies and the RAW (Rabbit Awareness Week) work all year round but have one week a year dedicated to owners and awareness where they give free vet checks all over the country, advice and competitions. I have them on facebook and I love their news. It is just a guide as all bunnies are difference and I know lots on here don´t eat that much hay or more pellets are aren´t good with veggies but I like to think that this is the ideal but not the definitive and there are some really healthy bunnies with a different diet. A happy, healthy bunny is the who is loved and cared for is the most important thing.

i feed my rabbits a mix of orchard/oats/timothy and a large quantity of fresh veggies. i also put out some pellets but i just end up throwing them away after 3 days.

Latest posts

Back