Bunny did not eat cecotropes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnyluvr

Reaction score
Hello all. It's Betsy's mommy again. She has not been herself for the past week or so. She has been to vet twice in the last week (the latest being last night). She had stopped eating and drinking with only minimal very small poops Let me begin with last night. The vet did find some redness in the back of her right cheek and put her on Sulfatrim (an antibiotic). The vet also gave sub-q and trusted us enough to send a bag home for us to administer every 12 hours if she continues to refuse water. The vet also gave us more metacam for pain. We have been doing the critical care and trying to syringe water. She only has about 1 dose of cisapride left(for motility). They also did an xray and did not see any blockages, just a few gas bubbles.This evening she was in her litter pan and we seen that she left her cecotropes. A quick Google search said it could be dental problems or stress. She has another appointment on Monday morning to get the redness inside her cheek checked at another vet. Also, we have been doing the critical care for over 24 hours with minimal poops. How long should it take until she has normal size/volume poops? Should we keep forcing the the critical care?Sorry for the long post, but I know I can get better answers here than on google.

yes, keep with critical care and push hay. I would also lean towards dental issues. Also, you should give some baby gas drops every few hours. Each rabbit varies on how long it will take to poop. But it sounds like you are doing good so far for what you can do.

yes, keep with critical care and push hay. I would also lean towards dental issues. Also, you should give some baby gas drops every few hours. Each rabbit varies on how long it will take to poop. But it sounds like you are doing good so far for what you can do.

Latest posts

Back