Bunny destroying things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roo1234

Reaction score
My netherland dwarf named pancake has recently started destroying and chewing his plastic litter box to the point I have had to change it to a metal trey, my brother normally goes out at least twice a day to hang out with pancake so they have a bond . Recently my brother hasn’t been going out to see pancake at all and I think this is why pancake is chewing plastic things, I give pancake lots of love but he misses my brother how can I help pancake be happy again

How does Pancake's setup look like? How large is the area where he lives? How much time a day is he alone?
It seems like he doesn't have enough enrichment so he's getting bored :)
Usually if rabbits live outside, I recommend housing them in pairs since humans often don't want to make the trek outside for one reason or another, and human bonds don't replace bonds of a bunny to another.

He lives outside with my other bunny’s, he is put in a cage at night but most of the time is in a dog pen in the grass. I give him toys that I can stuff with hay

He lives outside with my other bunny’s, he is put in a cage at night but most of the time is in a dog pen in the grass. I give him toys that I can stuff with hay
Are they bonded together? Maybe can you upload a pic of the setup, we can give suggestions to make it more enriching so he doesn't get bored :)

Latest posts

Back