Bunny Condo Build questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbidRabbit

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Was hoping to know if anyone knows of anywhere that sells metal cages like the ferret nation one but for rabbits.

Was also hoping to know if anyone has builds with 2 story bunny cages made from all metal.

Welcome:)
If this is for indoor rabbits, you might want to have a look at Nic grid setups, use search terms like "nic grid", "nic cube".
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threa...hich-nic-cube-set-to-get-zip-ties-etc.102559/
For more diverse ideas use the search term "indoor cages", and select the option [Search titles only].

Outdoors metal rabbit cages are common in breeder and commercial setups. DIY is possible, and 2 storys imho a good idea, the upper one being mostly solid floor.
I use wood hutches outdoors for several reasons, no cage or pen at all exept for door gates to rooms they aren't allowed in for my two house rabbits.

With a little more detail on what you're planning to do you'll get better answers.

Last edited:
Welcome:)
If this is for indoor rabbits, you might want to have a look at Nic grid setups, use search terms like "nic grid", "nic cube".
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threa...hich-nic-cube-set-to-get-zip-ties-etc.102559/
For more diverse ideas use the search term "indoor cages", and select the option [Search titles only].

Outdoors metal rabbit cages are common in breeder and commercial setups. DIY is possible, and 2 storys imho a good idea, the upper one being mostly solid floor.
I use wood hutches outdoors for several reasons, no cage or pen at all exept for door gates to rooms they aren't allowed in for my two house rabbits.

With a little more detail on what you're planning to do you'll get better answers.
Yes this is for an indoor rabbit. I just want a very roomy cage because while she will be free roaming a lot , there are times I may not be there for a day, as I sometimes need to go to the E.R. for a day or two. There will be someone providing basic care needs like food, water, spot cleaning but not to free roam. I found a cage online that is 42 inches x 24 inch x 66inch and has 3 floors but not sure if thats good enough

That isn't really big, (66 inches is the height?), rabbits use upper levels but it doesn't really replace floor space to move, they are not ferrets. I think above mentioned Nic grids are an affordable and very adaptable solution. I haven't seen much commercially available "rabbit cages" that I would consider good or cheap. The base tray of some might be a nice litter tray and place for the hay rack though.

That isn't really big, (66 inches is the height?), rabbits use upper levels but it doesn't really replace floor space to move, they are not ferrets. I think above mentioned Nic grids are an affordable and very adaptable solution. I haven't seen much commercially available "rabbit cages" that I would consider good or cheap. The base tray of some might be a nice litter tray and place for the hay rack though.

Ah I was planning on connecting it to a 4ft tall dog pen joined with another dog pen or two... but if I ever needed to go to the hospital they wouldnt be free roaming outside of this enclosed space.

This was my rabbits condo built from NIC grids.

full

Last edited:
It's something on your end. It's showing up normally here.
I’m not seeing it either from my iPad. Maybe if I use a computer or my phone...

Update: iPhone didn’t work either. Checking on my brother’s pc. Maybe it’s an apple problem

Update2: Didn’t work on my brother’s windows pc either.

I couldn't see the first photos either. The last one shows and it's amazing! Also aesthetically pleasing!
@RabbidRabbit if you plan to house your rabbit indoors with dog xpens, then i wouldn't even worry about getting "a cage", there are wonderful xpen setups in the indoor housing category. As long as your rabbit won't be able to jump over the pen walls, i wouldn't be worried at all if they don't have the pens connected to a cage. If you'd like to have a "base" within that base, i'd think of a big nice litterbox with something like a small table or shelf over it, so it provides cover but also a spot to perch on. Maybe you can produce a small overhang with supports that could carry your rabbit?

Latest posts

Back