Bunny color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks maybe like a lilac? (a dilute version of brown) but also looks like a ticked coat, so an agouti gene. you'll have to wait longer

Here they are:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-134044_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-134044_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210502-112415_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210502-112415_Instagram.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 9
"gray" isn't a color, and this isn't a lilac because it has white inside the ears, while lilacs are selfs and would have solid ears. It is some shade of marten. Based on the parents I would call it a smoke pearl marten most likely but we'll have to see how it develops.

"gray" isn't a color, and this isn't a lilac because it has white inside the ears, while lilacs are selfs and would have solid ears. It is some shade of marten. Based on the parents I would call it a smoke pearl marten most likely but we'll have to see how it develops.
Oops, Sorry,

So most likely like mom (the one on the second picture)?

The parents look like Blue Point and Siamese Sable (??) Vienna Marks. So my best guess would be the babe is a Blue Fox (Blue Torted Otter) given the light inside of the ears and tort shading. Hope this helps!

Parents look like a blue point and a sable marten. Baby will be darker than the mother and will have marten markings like the father.
A blue fox isn't possible out of this pairing; neither parent has the C gene as they're both shaded. The closest possible color to a blue fox would be a blue point marten, and this kit looks too dark to be a blue point marten.

Is it possible one of them could carry the C gene? Or maybe the baby is a cream? It can't be a shaded color because of the white ears...

As you mentioned earlier Smoke Pearl Marten is a possibility too. Whatever color the baby turns out to be, it will be beautiful!

Latest posts

Back