Bunny cleaning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky\Bilboa

Reaction score
Hi everyone our bunny is a white Vienna rabbit . He lives indoors and he is used to the harness . We take him out regularly to park with us but just wondering what do we clean his feet with ? It’s very rainy and mucky outside here now and I don’t want to keep him inside all the time !

The important thing is not to bathe them.

To clean a white rabbit:
1. use a mix 50/50 of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
2. Dampen the area to be cleaned and then rub cornstarch into the area until it is the consistency of tooth-paste.
3. Let dry and then brush out. For stubborn stains you may have to repeat the process a few times.

If your rabbit isn't white, you can use dawn dish soap.
1. Put some dawn dish soap with warm water in a spray bottle
2. spray it on
3. Rinse his feet with water.

Or:
1. put some dawn dish soap in a tub or sink
2. add the smallest amount of warm water possible
3. try to get him to relax and soak it in for a few minutes
4. rinse and repeat until stains are removed

The important thing is not to bathe them.

To clean a white rabbit:
1. use a mix 50/50 of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
2. Dampen the area to be cleaned and then rub cornstarch into the area until it is the consistency of tooth-paste.
3. Let dry and then brush out. For stubborn stains you may have to repeat the process a few times.

If your rabbit isn't white, you can use dawn dish soap.
1. Put some dawn dish soap with warm water in a spray bottle
2. spray it on
3. Rinse his feet with water.

Or:
1. put some dawn dish soap in a tub or sink
2. add the smallest amount of warm water possible
3. try to get him to relax and soak it in for a few minutes
4. rinse and repeat until stains are removed

Thanks so much ! I will try that . I knew that water was a no .

Those might be great tips if you prepare your rabbit for a show, but for just cleaning mud off feet a shallow (1/2") pan with lukewarm water without any chemicals, detergents, acids or whatever will do perfectly.
Or just wiping the feet with water. Don't bath the whole bunny, and rub the places you needed to wash dry with a towel afterwards.
I wouldn't use anything else for just mud since somewhat discoloured feet really don't matter, at least I don't put stuff on my rabits for cosmetic reasons.
If it's (too much) pee or poop the stuff mentioned above may be ok, but I would rinse thoroughly, and not use it on a daily basis.

Water is not a no, far from it, just don't dunk the whole bunny in it, bathing rabbits is a no.
My rabbits look quite grumpy when out in the rain, but it doesn't hurt them in any way (they come in before their body is soaked completly, but their feet definitly are).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back