Bunny claw problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonpooka

Reaction score
Hi to all
ostern_480.gif

I hope this is in the right place. I have a problem with my six yearold bunny and the vet doesnt seem to know what caused this; She has nowlost two claws, one came out while i was clipping, the other i found inthe bottom of the tub after her bath. She was in no pain, and stilljumping about as normal. The vet said to just keep an eye on infectionwhich i did, and all was well. I am just concerned why this happened,and i cant seem to find any info on this anywhere
o_9.gif
Isit old age maybe? She's quite a healthy bunny, altho she suffers from amessy butt alot like her Dad did, butother than that she'sfine.

Many thanks if anyone can shed some light on this
val2.gif

Sometimes bunnies just break theirnails. It's most often if the nails are a bit longer thanthey should be, but it also does happen to those that are kept nice& short.

Just put a little bit of Kwik Stop on it for any bleeding... and all should be well.

Many thanks for the reply :) This was my worrytho, because the claws weren't broken, they actually came out of thesocket, the claw was hollow at one end and it looked like the quick wasthere in the paw.My bunnies have regular clippings, and sheis a white bunny so its easy to get as low as possible when clipping soas to not hit the quick. It's really a strange thing, but i guess ifshe's ok i shouldn't worry. Thank you again!

Latest posts

Back